Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

Today, my baby girl took the first steps toward starting her "formal" education. She started VPK! Both kids started a new school today, so things have been really exciting around our house the last few days. Both kids have picked out their clothes for the week, we've gotten all their papers and bags ready, and they were ready to go this morning. Both kids told me they were a little nervous, and Jillian said she'd "probably be a little bit shy this morning," but they were both really excited to go to their new school. I told them to show me how excited they were! Caught Jillian with her eyes closed, though.

I bought these super cute pony tail holders for Jillian to match her purple shirt. She said, "mom, does this mean you're going to put my hair in two braids?" (She's got a weird cowlick there in the back, so its extremely hard to get her part straight...)

And they're off!


Jillian was pretty excited (and so was I!) to see her very own spot at the table. She's growing up so fast!

I can't wait for them to get home to tell me about their day. They are having a lot of firsts at this new school, and I want to hear all about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment