Monday, August 29, 2011

Doctor Day

Jillian and Jake both had dentist appointments this morning. They'd never been to the dentist before, so I spaced out their appointments so that if they got feisty, I wouldn't have to do two back to back. So Jillian went first at 8:00, and did perfect. She laid on the table very still, did what they told her to, and didn't fight at all. She even let them do the x-rays without a fight at all. She didn't have any cavities, and the dentist said her teeth looked great. She is doing an excellent job brushing! Yay Jillian! The dentist did say that her teeth are getting crowded and she's probably going to be a candidate for braces in the future, but that's no surprise to us. And when she was 2 or so, she fell and chipped her front tooth. There was no root damage or anything, and its worn itself even over time, so you can't even tell. But the dentist said the x-ray showed the root retracting a bit more than the other teeth, which just means that she'll likely lose that teeth before the others (usually the bottom front teeth are the first to fall out). But otherwise, no problems! Jillian got to pick a prize out of the prize box - and she chose a pink stuffed pig. Jake wanted to get a prize too - and he had already picked out a stuffed penguin - but I told him he had to wait until he got his teeth cleaned. So we packed up and took Jillian to school in time for the beginning of her class.

Jake and I ran an errand and then went back for his appointment. He was so excited. On the way to take Jillie to school, he kept saying, "but I didn't get my teeth cleaned!" So when we got to the office, he was all ready. He did fantastic too! Didn't move at all, no fighting or fussing. The dentist said the same thing about crowding for Jake's teeth, but said we can't do anything about it and won't need to worry about it until he's 6 or 7. So for now, we keep doing what we're doing! After his appointment, I took Jake to school, just in time for lunch.

I'll go back and pick both kids up around 2:30 to take Jake to the pediatrician. His exzcema is getting really bad and I think we need an antibiotic. Then at 4:30, Jillian has an appointment at the eye doctor. We don't have any concerns for her, but I was there on Saturday picking up my new glasses, and the eye doctor said she usually sees kids starting at about age 4, and we have eye insurance for the kids, so we figured we would go ahead and have her tested.

So, we've got a full day of doctors for us today! Hopefully the pediatrician and the eye doctor go as well as the dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment