Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jillian's World

Jillian is so funny! I love listening to her these days - she comes up with the greatest things. She's really getting into the stage where she's "pretending" with her toys. She'll make them talk to each other and to her, and she makes up stories for them. Its so fun to sit and watch her play - until Jake comes and snatches her toys from her, that is. That's not so fun.

And she's picking things up very easily. Everything we say is going to be repeated. And not just random words here and there - she'll hear us say something, and then use it in the right context later. This morning, she told Grandma Lynne, "Grandma, Jake is being so contrary!" And she told Rick the other day that Jake was frustrating. A few weeks ago, the word "jealous" appeared somewhere - on a cartoon or in a book or somewhere - and Jillian asked what jealous meant. I explained it to her as best I could, and now, when Jake has a toy she wants or when she wants to go somewhere that Jake is going, she'll say, "mommy, Jake has that toy and it makes me jealous." I love that she's really learning what some of these bigger words mean. Oh! And in another book, someone tells the Kitty Princess that she looks ridiculous, and this afternoon, I overheard Jillian telling Jake that he looked ridiculous.

This afternoon we went to the park with a playgroup, and before we left, I was telling Jillian where we were going to go. I was putting her hair up in pigtails, and she was squirmy and I wanted her to sit still, so I told her that when we got to the park, she would tell everyone her name, and they would all say, "oh Jillian, you look like a princess, your hair is so cute!" She looked right at me, and said, "Mommy, I really doubt they're going to say that."

At the park, the love bugs were out in full force. They were seriously everywhere! Jillian does.not.like.bugs. She gets all flustered and scared when she sees them flying around her, and if one dares to land on her, she lets out a scream. So at the park, the lovebugs were all around her, and she was pretty upset about it. She came over to where I was sitting with the other moms, and said, "mommy, these love bugs are ruining my life!" The other moms loved that!

No comments:

Post a Comment