Monday, January 10, 2011

Capes

For Christmas, Rick bought me a sewing machine. I have very little sewing experience, but I want to learn. (Though, once upon a time, I did sew the dress that I wore to my college graduation.) But I wanted to make fun dress-up costumes for the kids, and cute little dresses for Jillian, and who knows what else! My first project was to make capes for the kids. Jake has very few dress-up clothes that don't involve princesses and high heels, so I needed something for him to play in. I searched the internet for a pattern that was simple enough for me to do as my first project, but that was also cute. And safe - I didn't want it to just tie around the kids' necks - I wanted it to have a collar of some sort to velcro. I found two patterns and kind of combined them, and then I downloaded a Superman and Batman emblem to use on them. The finished result? Some super duper cute capes!The cape is reversible. Red with Superman emblem on one side, and plain black on the reverse.
Super Jake!
Jillian's cape is pink on one side, with a princess crown emblem. The reverse side is purple with a star with a "J" in the middle.
The reverse of Jillian's cape.

Think he can fly?
I think they turned out so cute - especially for my first project! I'm planning to make a few more for the dress-up trunk and for the children of some of my friends. I'm pretty dang proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment