Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Jillian-isms

The other day, I was talking to Jillian, and I said, "mommy needs that, because I'm old." She looked at me and without missing a beat, said, "you're not old mommy. Grandma's old!"

This morning, Jillian slept in a little bit, so I went in her room to wake her up. She was a bit groggy for a little while, but eventually started to come around. She was wearing a brand-new purple nightgown with Tinkerbell on it, so I was making a big deal about it. Then I started calling her Tinkerbell. I'd say, "Tinkerbell, its time to get out of bed and get dressed," or "Tinkerbell, do you want a waffle for breakfast?" She kept saying she wasn't Tinkerbell, but I kept ignoring her and calling her that. Finally, she was exasperated, and said, "mo-om." (If she knew how to roll her eyes, she totally would have been.) Then she said, "Mom! Tinkerbell is just a picture on my nightgown. The nightgown we bought at the store! I'm NOT Tinkerbell!" I said, "well, where is Tinkerbell, then?" She said, "in Pixie Hollow." I asked where that was, and she got all serious and said, "very far away... ."

Tonight at dinner, Grandpa Rodney asked Jillian if she knew where grapes came from. He asked her if they came from a tree, a bush, or a vine. She just giggled. He told her they come from a vine, and she said, "No, silly. Grapes come from the store!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment